宝宝18个月的时候,可以开始接触没有脚蹬子,以双腿蹬地的方式前行的平衡车,英文叫push bike,或者balance bike。骑平衡车被认为是“自行车训练”最初的启蒙。
注意,下图这种电动平衡车的英文不叫balance bike,而是直接用它的品牌名Segway。
慢慢地,宝宝就可以骑带一对辅助轮的自行车了,辅助轮的英文,美式英语叫training wheels,英式英语叫stabilizers。
宝宝4、5岁的时候,就可以尝试卸掉辅助轮,像大人一样骑自行车了。
我们这篇文章,既适用于骑带辅助轮的自行车的2、3岁的小朋友,也适合开始尝试骑普通自行车的4、5岁的小朋友,以及更大的孩子。
首先,我们来看看自行车的构造图,我们只标注了日常生活中可能会说到的部件,其中一些,也包含在下面的情景文章中。
Rear,[riə]:后面的 ,不要读成[rεə]。
Getting on the Bike 上车
1. There are two ways to get on the bike: 有两种上车的方法:
Method One: 方法一:
(1) Stand on the left of the bike and hold the handlebars with both hands.
站在自行车左侧,双手扶住车把。
(2) Swing your right leg over the bike and sit on it.
右腿从车上跨过去,坐好。
(3) Put one foot on the pedal and strongly push the ground once with the other foot to start moving.
一只脚放在脚蹬子上,另一只脚使劲蹬一下地,就骑起来了。
(4) Then put your feet on the pedals and start to pedal.
然后两脚踩好脚蹬子,开始蹬车。
Method Two: 方法二:
(1) Stand on the left of the bike and hold the handlebars with both hands.
站在车左侧,双手扶住车把。
(2) Put your left foot on the pedal and push the ground multiple times with your right foot until you pick up enough speed.
左脚放在脚蹬子上,右脚一下一下地蹬地,速度慢慢就起来了。
(3) Then swing your right leg over the bike, sit, put your feet on the pedals and start to pedal.
然后右腿从车上跨过去,坐好,两脚踩好脚蹬子,开始蹬车。
Going Uphill and Downhill 上坡和下坡
2. When you ride uphill, please pedal harder.
上坡的时候要用力蹬。
3. When you ride downhill, there is no need to pedal, just let the bike coast.
下坡的时候,不用蹬,让车滑行即可。
Squeezing the Brakes 捏闸
4. Squeeze the brakes when you want to stop. The left brake controls the back wheel and the right brake controls the front wheel.
想停下来就捏闸。左闸是控制后轮的,右闸是控制前轮的。
5. When you are really fast, don't only squeeze the right brake because you might flip over the bike.
速度特别快的时候,不要只捏右闸,不然会翻车的。
6. Put both hands close to the brakes so that you can use them in an emergency.
两只手离闸近一些,紧急时刻好捏。
Warning Others 警示他人
7. When someone is in your way, ring the bell once or twice to warn them. But don't keep ringing impatiently, that is impolite.
前面有人挡路的时候,按一下或两下铃。不要一直不耐烦地按,那样不礼貌。
8. When you don't have a bell, you can shout “excuse me”.
如果你没有铃,就喊一句:“借过”。
Keep on Riding 骑车中
9. Watch where you are going instead of looking around or looking down at the ground.
向前看,别左顾右盼,也别低头看地。
10. Make sure both hands are on the handlebars to control your bike, so that you don't hit anyone.
双手一直不离开车把,控制好车,不要撞到人。
11. If your nose is itchy or something, you can take one hand off the handlebar to scratch a bit. But you have to make sure your other hand is steering the bike in the right direction.
如果你鼻子痒痒什么的,你可以松开一只手挠一下。但是另一只手必须控制好方向。
12. Don't move side to side. Keep your balance.
别左右晃。保持平衡。
13. Ride on the right side of the road.
靠右骑。
14. Don't pedal backwards. The bike won't move.
别倒着蹬。那样车是不会走的。
Getting off the Bike 下车
15. When you don't want to ride anymore, to slow down, squeeze the brakes until you stop completely.
你要是不想骑了,就减速,然后慢慢捏闸,直到完全停下来。
16. Get off the bike and kick the kick stand down to prop up the bike.
下车,把车支子踢下来,把车支上。
对于没有车支子的自行车,你可以说:Prop the bike against the wall. 把车靠在墙上。
Fixing the Bike 修车
17. Oh, the chain is off. Let me put it back on.
哦,链子掉了。我来把它上上。
18. The tires are flat. Let me put some air into them. Twist off the cap on the air valve, clip the nozzle of the pump onto the air valve, step on the base of the pump, hold the handles and lift it up and push it down repeatedly to pump air into the tire.
你的自行车车胎瘪了。我给你打点气。把气门芯上的帽儿拧下来,把气筒的嘴夹在气门芯上,踩住气筒底部,握住扶手,一抬一压、一下一下地给车胎打气。
19. Don't put your hands in your mouth after turning the pedals with your hands.
你刚用手转完脚蹬子,不要把手放到嘴里。
Shared Bikes 共享单车
20. When we are together, we can't use the shared bikes. It's dangerous to ride a bike with you in the basket. I shouldn't have done that the other day.
咱俩在一起的时候,不能骑共享单车。把你放在车筐里,带着你骑车太危险了。我上次不应该这么做。
微信公众号:你和宝宝说英语